Friday, May 2, 2008

Mario Kart Wii

This game surprised me. I figured that the controls would be a little sluggish and therefore annoying, but it responded pretty well. You put the Wii remote in the steering wheel and drive it like you are in a car. You turn left you turn right and you usually win. It seems that Nintendo delivered what they promised with this one. The graphics are great for a Mario Kart game, not on the scale of an FPS style but its Mario Kart, so who expects it to be like Halo.

The downside to the game for me is playing online. Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun to play with people from around the world, but the computer is pretty much designed to give the last player, as long as they are human, a blue shell or lighting. This makes it so the race is all about getting blown up if you are in first. It’s pretty constant and it gets old after a while. You now play by being in second and then zooming into first at the end.

Adding the motorcycles to the vehicle list though is awesome. By tilting the wheel back you pop wheelies, and it just makes for a change of pace and is a lot of fun to play. Overall I give it a 4 out of 5 on the awesomeness scale.


1 comment:

hughes' said...

I wish I had a fraction of the "free" time you have to write all this awesomeness!!! What is my ranking on your awesomeness scale?