Saturday, March 7, 2009

This was pretty much how moving the piano went

Today, I started my morning by helping Alycia get a piano from a member in the ward. So I put on my grungy clothes and my "you can't fix stupid" shirt, and we head over to meet Greg and some other guys at the place.

She tells me on the way that it is at the Bishop's house.... Awesome I look like a homeless guy and swearing is a requirement when moving, everyone knows this. So basically Im seeing my melchezidek priesthood chances dirft away.

Anyway we get to the house and there are about 6 steps leading up into the front door. Awesome great what could be better. We go into the house and in the front room where there is a piano that if I wanted to, I could throw on my back and carry out myself. Sweet this may be easier than I thought.

No No I go to the back of the house and there is an Upright grand Piano. The top of it is chin level with me and it weighs about as much as Gregs Ford Focus. So we realize there are less steps out the back (only two) so we decide to go that way. It takes about 20 minutes to go 30 feet to the back door and the doctor in the group of us decided to build a ramp out of wood paneling and 2x4's.

Yeah that didnt go so well. The Bishop's daughter walked down it and it almost crumbled under her feet. So we torched that idea and decided jsut to muscle it. Long story short, we got it all moved, our arms are sore but Alycia has an upright grand piano that will never ever move out of its current spot.

2 comments:

denos5 said...

You guys did great!! To let everyone know I tried to encourage them along but they gave me dirty looks whenever I tried to say nice things to them.

Mrs. Joe Jonas said...

That is funny lol i cant belive that happend!!!!